Have you always wanted QTS but don’t have two years to go to the UK to get it? Now you don’t have to.
PGCESpain are working in partnership with an outstanding ITT UK maintained school, Two Mile Ash and the ESP association to give you the opportunity to get qualified without ever having to leave Spain! Interested?AO Route to QTS
The Assessment Only (AO) Route enables experienced teachers with a degree to demonstrate that they already meet all of the Teachers’ Standards, resulting in the award of UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) without the need to leave your school in Spain.
The AO Route is primarily designed for graduates who have a wealth of prior teaching experience but do not carry QTS. Once awarded QTS, teachers in BSO schools can move on to complete their NQT Induction.
There is an expectation that in order to qualify, teachers will have experience of teaching in 2 different schools and across the age range for which they are applying to be assessed, with classes not customarily fewer than 15 students.
Primary candidates will be expected to teach the full range of National Curriculum subjects across these ages and candidates should have taught a range of abilities.Contact: Shona@pgcespain.com for more details
- A First Degree from a UK high education institution or equivalent qualification (NARIC comparability required)
- A standard equivalent to a grade C (grade 4 or above from 2017) in the GCSE examinations in English and Mathematics. And for those who intend to train to teach pupils aged 3-11, a standard equivalent to a grade C (grade 4 or above from 2017) in the GCSE examination in a science subject is also required.
The National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) can provide advice on the equivalence of overseas qualifications.
- Professional skills tests – passed in both literacy and numeracy prior to application (tests can be completed at allocated schools in Spain).
- Employment as an unqualified teacher in at least two settings (across your chosen age range and ability) prior to application to demonstrate sufficient breadth and variety of experience
- Applicants must prove, through the interview process, both their suitability to teach and their ability to meet the standards for QTS without the need for any further training.Find out more
The course fees for the 2020/21 academic year are £3200 plus expenses associated to final assessment (1 assessor).